Thursday, February 16, 2012

TIME or DISTANCE: More Thoughts

Endurance Granny weighs in with her thoughts...

TIME or DISTANCE: Time or Distance? That is the question.

The original question was posed on Boots and Saddles then segued to Go Diego Go, and is an interesting enough topic that I thought I’d throw in my two pennies for what they are worth. (possibly about one half cent but here I go, newbie-ness has never stopped me yet).

In an all perfect world on a sensible and well-trained horse I would focus on TIME with distance being a secondary factor. I feel that the worse disservice one can do to their horse is to train distance and then at an actual ride when time becomes critical, the horse being pushed harder (even a little matters) than actually trained. All manner of things can and do go wrong when that happens. Just sayin’ because it is the honest truth.

But there is always an on the other hand…

Click link for more reading.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Finally getting through some google reader posts and saw this! So funny to see the "legs" that the topic grew...

Related Posts with Thumbnails